Meaningful and habitable for everyone
We start each project with a question; how can we create more meaningful and habitable environments for everyone? Ulsteinvik is truly an incredibly well-located city, and a user perspective requires that we take into account people's everyday life, health and well-being. Only by taking this perspective seriously do we believe one can develop sustainable societies where everyone can participate and contribute as well as experience being part of a community.
Within topics that have been important objectives for the parallel assignment we can highlight:
• Inclusive neighbourhoods, planning for the elderly and health in physical surroundings.
• Involvement and participation are necessary to bring about a change in behaviour.
• Experience of community and that you are part of something bigger is important to make joint efforts to change behaviour.
• Living local environment strengthens local activities and reduces transport to various functions.
• Multiple use of areas reduces the need for areas and reduces energy consumption for heating areas.
• Health promotion is an important part of the challenges of the future.