Proud winner of International Architecture Award 2018, from The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design and The European Centre for Architecture https://www.internationalarchitectureawards.com/winners/
- Building Awards, International Project of the Year 2017 WINNER
- WAN Sustainable Building Awards 2017 WINNER
- Iconic Awards – Architecture 2017 WINNER
- Future Travel Experience Global Award, Best Airport Design Project 2017 WINNER
- Prosjekt Norge: Project of the year 2017 WINNER
- Norsk Bergindustris natursteinspris – Terminal floor, 2017 WINNER
- World Architecture Festival, Transport - Completed Buildings 2017 FINALIST/SHORTLIST
- Zumtobel Group Awards 2017 FINALIST/SHORTLIST
- INSIDE, Civic, Culture & Transport 2017 FINALIST/SHORTLIST
Go with the flow
The pier is the main new design feature at Oslo Airport. The pier, which is constructed with curved glulam beams and cladded with oak, creates an efficient and flexible passenger flow by siting domestic and international areas one on top of the other, allowing all travellers to use all gates.
We let the existing structure inspire, not inhibit our thinking or restrict our ideas – we wanted to create something that would be perceived as new Christian Henriksen, Architect MNAL and Partner in Nordic
A sustainable submission
Oslo airport is one of the most energy efficient airports in the world, so it was important for Nordic to think in terms of a sustainable extension. The shape of the building takes advantage of passive solar energy and sunlight, and features low-carbon technologies like district heating and natural thermal energy.